Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Within the chaos of the city, I hear nuttin' but da music.


I finished this piece Sunday night and I must say that I'm totally hyped up about it! I'm preparing to do an album cover for my hommie Black Ceaser and this Illustration is like a prelude to it. I'm going back to my Illustration roots and just basically "get crunk" by mixing media within my work. I think by limiting myself to just drawing comics the traditional way I forgot about the stuff I used to do before. I feel that I can just "go off" and really freak some crazy art out! It's on now!!!

4 comments:

kenmeyerjr said...

Looks good, Nate...I think it will benefit from color and I think when you do that, you could do that digital coloring technique where you make a copy of it on paper, color areas quickly with brush (or something like stamping, sponges, whatever), then apply that color in photoshop as a layer...maybe even a bit off register.

The Notorious N.A.T !!! said...

Thanks Ken! That's whats up!!

samax said...

DOPE!
this style works for comics too, by the way...

No Ears said...

looks sweet, Nathaniel.